05/01/2011

My top 5 buses of 2010

My top 5 buses of 2010

Photographs 1, 2, 2A, 3, 4 & 5 (top to bottom)

1. Bristol Lodekka OVF229

This vehicle, owned by the Eastern Transport Collection visited King's Lynn on the 12th September 2010 to operate the free Heritage Open Day bus tour, I enjoyed three round trips on the vehicle criss crossing around the historic streets of King's Lynn.

2 & 2 & 2A. Volvo B7RLE/Wrightbus Eclipse Urban - Stagecoach Cambridgeshire AE09GYY

I travelled on this and some of its sister vehicles during three outings to Cambridgeshire in October and November 2010. The vehicles are part of the batch of Eclipse 2's and Enviro 400's delivered for the ill fated Guided Busway which has yet to open. The reason for being in my top 5 is because of the e leather seats fitted they are so comfortable, the best bus seat around!

3. Irisbus Agoraline - Norfolk Green OY53RDZ

Norfolk Green purchased three of these fantastic and rare vehicles from Norse in 2010, I accompanied the one pictured above to Norwich Bus Rally and Showbus, I also travelled to the the East Anglia Transport Museum on sister OY53RFF, all three outings were hugely enjoyable.

4. DAF DB250/Optare Spectra - Norfolk Green YG02FWE

Norfolk Green purchased four of these vehicles from Reading Buses in 2010, before these arrived I had never travelled on a Spectra or a DAF DB250, they have fast become my favourite vehicles in the Norfolk Green fleet, and in fact my 2nd favourite double decker bus chassis after the ADL Trident 2, so I am very pleased NG made the purchases and happy two more will join the fleet in 2011.

5. Dennis Dart/Alexander Dash - Norfolk Green J508GCD

The last Dennis Dart and also the last remaining step entrance bus in frontline service with Norfolk Green. In early October myself and a handful of other members of the Anglia Bus Forum had the pleasure of spending the day on this vehicle as part of our 'Norfolk Tour 2010'