05/01/2013

Looking back... more King's Lynn bus photos from the archives!

We are continuing our occasional Looking back... series with another look at old Eastern Counties buses in King's Lynn, this time the photographs date from between the 1950's and 1970's, they were once again kindly supplied by David Bell who acquired them many years ago, details of who originally took them is long lost in the mysteries of time.

More King's Lynn buses from the archives (c) D.G Bell Collection
© D.G Bell Collection
XPW903H - Bristol LH6P, this vehicle was new in 1970, it is seen in Millfleet working service 39B to Gaywood Park, the bus was withdrawn in 1981.

More King's Lynn buses from the archives (c) D.G Bell Collection
© D.G Bell Collection
PPW853 - Duple bodied Bedford SBO, it was new in 1954, and withdrawn in 1966 although it later operated with Storey of Deeping St James.

More King's Lynn buses from the archives (c) D.G Bell Collection
© D.G Bell Collection
KAH407 - ECW bodied Bristol L4G, seen in Millfleet, it was new in 1949 and withdrawn in 1965, it then passed into private ownership before eventually passing to the Ipswich Transport Museum for preservation in 1977.

More King's Lynn buses from the archives (c) D.G Bell Collection
© D.G Bell Collection
NGM157G - ECW bodied Bristol VRT seen at the Vancouver Centre bus station, it was new to Central SMT in 1969, then moved to Eastern Counties in 1973 where it remained before passing to Cambus in 1984, its date of withdrawal is unknown.

If you missed our look back at King's Lynn buses in the 1950's click here to see it, look out for more photographs from the D.G Bell Collection coming soon!