09/05/2013

Looking back... very vintage Towlers in the 1950's

For our latest Looking back... special we have a trio of 1950's photographs of vehicles operated by long established operator Towlers of Emneth.

The company was started up in the 1930's by Charles J Towler, operations continued until 1969 when Charles' son Alan C Towler began trading, the company later in 2003 became a limited company 'Towlers Coaches Ltd' and continue as a family business operating coaches and double decker school buses to this day.

The trio of photographs included in the post are from and are © The D.G Bell Collection.

1950's Towlers of Emneth (c) D.G Bell Collection
TRE 968 - a Burlingham bodied Leyland Lancet.

1950's Towlers of Emneth (c) D.G Bell Collection
JH 1921 - a Leyland Tiger TS4 operated by Towlers between 1946 and 1955.

1950's Towlers of Emneth (c) D.G Bell Collection
OY 2573 - Leyland Tiger TS4 operated by Towlers between 1946 and 1959 and was fitted with a new Rainforth body in 1949.