18/08/2013

Ena's World...

We are pleased to introduce our readers to Ena's World, a wonderful new series of childrens picture books inspired by the experiences of a Norfolk Green Coasthopper bus driver...

Ena's New Home (c) Paul Smart/Tedael
Cover art from the first in the Ena's World book series - Ena's New Home © Paul Smart/Tedael.

Ena's World is collaborative work written by local author & Coasthopper driver Paul Smart (pen name) and illustrated by a local artist, it is a wonderful new series of childrens picture books with free flowing illustrations and is inspired by Paul's experiences of driving buses on the North Norfolk Coast, the name Ena's World is derived from former Norfolk Green Mercedes Benz 709D bus N967 ENA.

Paul explains some of the background behind Ena's World:

"At present I reside in West Norfolk. Although I am proud to say I’m a Coventry kid born and bred. As a matter of fact I gained my PCV licence through what was then Travel West Midlands ― all my training took place on a Leyland Lynx. Happy days!

Back to Ena, so in essence, as it were over night, I went from operating routes through densely populated urban areas to driving through rural and coastal villages. The majority reached by motoring through winding B roads, which I feel sure were never designed to accommodate either 12 metre long or double-deck buses.

Therefore my time spent in the public transport sector, both in my home city and in Norfolk, has provided me with the material from which to create Ena’s World. A series of stories that feature a protagonist, I unashamedly admit, that could be interpreted as my alter ego. Hence the opening tale, ‘Ena’s New Home’, is heavily influenced by my own experiences of leaving a place so thoroughly familiar, to start a new life in somewhat alien surroundings."


The first from a series of ten books created to encourage youngsters to develop good reading habits in an altogether fun way - Ena's New Home which has been self published and printed by a local firm is now available to buy online, priced at £5.99 from www.enasworld.co.uk.

Ena's New Home is also available to purchase locally at the Tourist Infomation Centres in Hunstanton, Wells-Next-The-Sea, Sheringham & Cromer, as well as from Norfolk Home & Garden in Hunstanton and Sweets 'n' Things in Fakenham.


To find out more check out the Ena's World website and spread the word, the book which has been well recieved so far by both youngsters and adults is sure to be a hit with young members of the family!