23/09/2013

Looking back... More East Anglian bus & coach photos from the archives - part 2

We are continuing our regular Looking back... series with another selection of bus and oach photographs showing an interesting variety of vehicles operated by East Anglian operators of the past, once again all of the photographs in this two part feature are from David Bell's supurb archive, and were taken in the 1970's and 1980's.

Looking back... More East Anglian bus & coach photos from the archives P2B (c) David Bell
The first of two vehicles photographed leaving an event in Walsingham via the Wells-Fakenham railway trackbed is Kiddles Duple Laser bodied Volvo B10M A232 GNR, interestingly this vehicle is now recorded as being used as a truckers cafè near Leek © David Bell

Looking back... More East Anglian bus & coach photos from the archives P2B (c) David Bell
Up next, and pictured at the same location is G.W Osborne Plaxton Supreme VI bodied Leyland Tiger CPU 125X © David Bell

Looking back... More East Anglian bus & coach photos from the archives P2A (c) David Bell
New to the smart Bickers, Coddenham fleet in 1970 we see Willowbrooke bodied Ford R192 EBJ 143J © David Bell

Looking back... More East Anglian bus & coach photos from the archives P2B (c) David Bell
Here is an interesting vehicle... pictured at Sandringham is this unusual Unicar BD57 bodied Bedford YMT operated by JDW of Ipswich to whom it was new in 1979 © David Bell

Looking back... More East Anglian bus & coach photos from the archives P2A (c) David Bell
We finish this part with another pair of double deckers photographed in a withdrawn condition at Mulleys Motorways, on the left is 1953 Weymann bodied AEC Regent III NXP 793; whilst on the right is AEC Regent V TUP 859 - another which was new to Hartlepool Corporation in 1956 © David Bell

Keep an eye out for our next two part Looking back... special 'Cambridge in 1990' - coming soon!