26/03/2014

Looking back... Colemans of Leverington

Today our regular correspondent Philip Slynn continues his series of Looking back... guest posts with this, the first of three features focusing on three different small Cambridgeshire independents of the past, in this part we look at five interesting double deckers operated by Colemans of Leverington near Wisbech - an operator who is no longer around...

Colemans of Leverington (c) Philip Slynn
This AEC Regent V/Northern Counties, XAL 794 was new to Barton in 1957. This picture was taken in 1977 possibly at the Peterborough showground. This vehicle is now preserved © Philip Slynn.

Colemans of Leverington (c) Philip Slynn
Bristol FLF AVX 973G was new to Eastern National in 1968, and passed to Coleman in 1982. It is pictured in Leverington in 1983 © Philip Slynn.

Colemans of Leverington (c) Philip Slynn
This Daimler Fleetline, BHL 618X was new in 1962 to West Riding. It is pictured here in 1985 picking up at one of the Wisbech schools. Unfortunately times have changed and photographing buses outside schools is not a good idea © Philip Slynn.

Colemans of Leverington (c) Philip Slynn
Another Daimler Fleetline is 563 TD, new in 1962 to Lancashire United is pictured here in 1990 again in Leverington © Philip Slynn.

Colemans of Leverington (c) Philip Slynn
Also at Leverington is this Dennis Loline, RDB 817 new to North Western in 1960. This is a 1974 picture © Philip Slynn.

Look out for another guest post by Philip featuring the operator Easey of March - coming soon!