In the second part of a new two part guest photo special which began yesterday, Philip Slynn continues to share a selection of photographs taken at last weekend's Bus & Coach Preservation Magazine rally at the Hertfordshire showground...
First Bus are repainting several vehicles in heritage liveries. Leicester City and Rotherham were represented, but this one Plaxton President LT52 XAB turned up a little later in Westcliff-on-Sea livery © Philip Slynn.
EAV 458 is a 1948 Leyland Tiger PS1 with Duple body. It is owned by Eric Graveling of Bourne near Peterborough. Not too sure what livery it is now representing. It appears to W Alexander and Son blue with Northern fleetname above the windscreen © Philip Slynn.
1294 RE is a 1959 Guy Arab LUF with Burlingham body that once belonged to Harper Bros of Heath Hayes © Philip Slynn.
SP 5139 is a Ford Model T station bus and appears on the front cover of the latest B&CP magazine with an article inside © Philip Slynn.
ATS 689 is a Bedford OB with typical body seen here giving tours around the showground. This has been registered in the past as ZV 50203(ROI) and 184 XUF © Philip Slynn.
The final vehicle is registered RFX 436W which indicates is was new around 1980/81, and it is an international. It was once a PSV and it is now a mobile coffee bar under the name Café Guate, and if you put that into a search engine there is a picture of the original bus which looks like a typical US school bus or USAF bus © Philip Slynn.
Many thanks to Philip Slynn for the photos and captions used in this feature, look out for more guest features by Philip - coming soon!