16/02/2015

Looking back... at the old Sandringham Coach Park - part 2

Continuing our latest Looking back... photo special we are heading back to the late eighties to take a look at a selection of visitors to the old Sandringham Coach Park before it was relocated to a less visible and less photogenic location sometime in the early nineties, as you will see from the photos - all of which are from David Bell's fantastic archives - coaches were and still are attracted from all parts of the country...

Bowers E448 MMM
E448 MMM - Bowers of Bridgend Van Hool T815 Acron, this coach was one of a batch of five new in 1988, in later life it was re registered NBZ 1639 and was most recently noted with A2B Taxis of Newquay (c) David Bell.

Safeguard F475 WFX
F475 WFX - Safeguard, Guildford Plaxton Paramount bodied Volvo B10M, this coach was new to Excelsior Holidays in 1989 and joined the Safeguard fleet just a few months later (c) David Bell.

R&W ACY 51D
ACY 51D - Rees & Williams Plaxton Supreme bodied Leyland Leopard new in 1979, this coach was originally registered BWN 434V (c) David Bell.

Robinson D21 CFL
D21 CFL - Robinson, Kimbolton MCW Metrorider new in 1987, this coach seated minibus was an unusual member of this coach operators fleet, it later operated with Rossendale Bus (c) David Bell.

Grays Luxury Travel E600 LVH
E600 LVH - Grays Luxury Travel short wheelbase Van Hool Alizee bodied DAF SB2300, this 38 seat coach was new in 1988 (c) David Bell.

Nottingham City F792 JTV
F792 JTV - Nottingham City Coaches Duple bodied Leyland Tiger new in 1989 (c) David Bell.

Many thanks to David for the photos included in this feature, look out for the final part which should be online in the next few days.